FB Cavity barrier
With FB Cavity Barrier, Securo has developed a new set of applications specially designed for establishing vented fire barriers in voids or cavities behind the cladding on façades or inside fire rated walls and floors.
FB Cavity Barrier provide ample ventilation of construction yet instantly prevent fire from spreading. These are the only products available for uncompromising fire safe venting of voids and cavities in constructions.
The cavity barrier does not close the cavity when it is installed, but allows the necessary venting behind the façade cladding. In the event of a fire, the product closes the air gap and prevents fire from spreading.
FB Cavity Barrier is a fully passive vent design, i.e. it contains no moving parts, no detector activating system and no cabling.
The fire barrier protects against direct flaming, leap frog fire, sustained fire, deflagration of ignition of un-burnt gas to protected side.
The FB Technology employs multiple mechanisms of heat transfer blocking of fire to instantly prevent fire spread. No ignition will be possible at the unexposed side from the first millisecond throughout the fire rating period.
The design maximizes convective heat transfer by hot gases to solid surfaces. As hot gases are cooled, intumescent material is heated accordingly. Solid components act as secondary heat sinks efficiently cooling the smoke temperature below ignition temperatures of typical fuels until intumescent sealing is completed. Insulating parts and air gaps are carefully designed for thermal break performance.
The FB Cavity Barrier are made solely from non-corrosive materials and do not need any routine testing or maintenance to ensure that they
perform satisfactory in case of fire.
Why use FB Cavity barriers:
- Solves the need for firesafe venting in an easy and cheap way
- Ensures necessary venting
- Instantly blocks fire spread in cavities
- Fully passive
- Long lifespan
- Easy assembly
- Fire resistance EI30 / EI60 / EI90
- EN 1366-4:2006
- ASTM2912 – Direct flame test
- SP105 façade test – Third party
- Lepir2 façade test – Third party
- BS8414 façade test – Third party
- Behind ventilated façade cladding
- Vents in the roof / attic
- Floor separates
- Other cavities in the structure
The product combines:
- Neccessarry ventilation
- Fire cell limiting construction
- Prevention mice and pests from entering the construction